4 large Desiree potatoes
Half this volume of fresh tuna
Coriander and or mint
Toasted black and white sesame seeds
• Steam potatoes till just cooked and allow to cool.
• Rub tuna with lemon oil and season lightly with salt and pepper and bake or pan fry till just cooked.
• Coarsely grate potatoes into a large bowl add finely chopped spring onions, coriander, finely chopped ginger, lime zest, 1/4 cup of Japanese mayonnaise salt an pepper to taste.
• Mix all together gently.
• Flake tuna and mix gently through potato mixture.
• Check seasoning, add more if desired to taste.
• Form into cakes and pass through toasted black and white sesame seeds.
• Allow to rest for a couple of hours, or overnight.
You can either sauté these in a pan or drizzle with a little coconut oil and put into a hot oven to lightly brown.
Serve with Japanese mayonnaise, lime wedges, coriander and crispy fried onion.